Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

and AMS

Not applicable
Looks like two of my favourites are gaining a upside movement again. All be it in light of the nice 1000 point Topi surge today, but on TA these look ready to re-test IMP 215 and AMS 800, however the week is young and maybe a little optimism before claming down again. So conservative i would look at IMP 203-205 and AMS 770-785. From there i will re-look at my existing longs again and decide.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Brazen
Super Contributor
Was hoping to see that 177/178 level on IMP and then those bloody Europeans interfered over the week-end. Now it's all over the place. Annoying.
0 Kudos
PaulC
Super Contributor
in the battle of Europe vs the markets my money is on the market. We'll get our entries!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
An 8% daily move will almost always encounter a pullback. If you now get any price action after today's pullback - by that i mean a gap up tomorrow, an engulfing candle, inverted hammer, or any other classic TA signals, then you will battle hard to find a stronger entry signal. Especially when you look at the rand price of platinum averaged over the last 180 days, which testifies to the average price IMP and AMS have been receiving. My preference is IMP, which has lower production costs, a cheaper PE (albeit at 50times vs AMS' 200 times) and no recent share dilution (unlike AMS). The market seems to favour AMS slightly though, ours not to reason why!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Reason is for fundamentals, action is for TA ;-)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yip, but one of my own personal golden rules is that I need to have some reasonable explanation (or expectation) for a shareprice move. this invariably means higher plat prices, or earnings anouncements, analyst reratings, extremely low PE's or something, i don't care what. It is one of my litmus tests before entering a trade. That, for example, is why i intend waiting for a short setup on Harmony, rather than going long right now.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well IMP reached my targets and I am out. I have a few niggling itches saying it will retest that 190-193 mark again before heading up. AMS sitting at deciding point as well. So I will sit and watch as I lament why I did not make more than the 20% profit I took in 2 days..... ;-0
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I feel like shorting it at 208.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
I feel like shorting it at 208.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And a stumbling we go ;-) Braz, you actually short as you wanted to?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well we testing my IMP itch range again, now to take a few hours and really TA this thing over the week-end.
0 Kudos