Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

...and while we fret about the West's finances...

topgun
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
Not applicable
Thanks for the link Topgun. Interesting read. On the bright side at least the Auditor General is reporting the reality albeit bad news. It's really up to all of us South African citizens to vote in a better administration. I really hope during the next set of elections everyone goes to the polls!
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
will not happen....everything will be decided at Mangaung!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sadly, this is Africa: The disenchanted unsophisticated voters do not understand that they should vote for an opposition party if they're unhappy with the ANC, but will not vote at all and their votes are lost. Should by a miracle another party get more support, the ANC supporters will not meekly accept that they have been voted out and should try harder next time,- there will be a guerilla war. That's how African democracy works.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
dont be so pessimistic. in any event in any democracy the majority rules: the majority might be stupid, wrong or naive but they still rule. this is the rule all over the world including France and South Africa.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and what about blulbering and plundering BUSH. Hitler is not forgetten but there was a despot called Milosevic...we better off with a singing, loving, grinning Pres!Another 4 years and who knows, we be a nice big happy family?
0 Kudos
redridinghood
Occasional Contributor
your description of your pres. left out moronic and corrupt..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
your pres...where are you from...the point is that moronic better than "murdering". All things considered, we are still ok economically. And democracy at work...look at the e-tolling saga and the functioning of the courts.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
well, i was careful...all i said was he not forgotten?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- To compare African to those of 1st world democracy's is futile. To throw the names of Bush and other rogues into the argument is likewise so. Because 1st world democracy's are highly reactive and efficient the likes of Bush were voted out and their c
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Just a point - Bush - whatever he may or may not have been - had an Ivy League education with degrees from both Yale and Harvard. You simply (pun intended) cannot compare him to the Zuma.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Give me the ability to satsify 6 wives at 70 over an Ivy League edu any day...LOL.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
0 Kudos