Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

ang

raps
Frequent Contributor
share has been in decline for some time. indicators are oversold (short term). in times of gloom and doom aren't gold stocks a good bet. even the HEPS and DY favourable. anyways......i went long today. lets see how that pans out. Agree / Disagree ?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
stores
Super Contributor
I think that you have done well buying at the current level...I am also in but showing a 20% loss...Luckly I am not geraed on them...They will come back...Just waiting but it is frustrating. May have to wait a long time?
0 Kudos
cheapcheap
Regular Contributor
i never trade in gold stocks,except pan.....changed my mind and got in and now regretting it big time!!! also down over 20%.long term i'm not worried,but i don't like to wait so long...i'm more of a trader. better not say that here,will get crucified.
0 Kudos
raps
Frequent Contributor
It's been my experience to rather take the loss now than sit with the paper loss. I have been in the exact position before - sat stoically with loss convinced that the market with turn 10% bcame 20, 20 became 30, 30 became 40 and so on.... I don't use stop losses but I know when a trade becomes a null trade. It's better to get out early and trade / invest another day.
0 Kudos