Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

another day another gap

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
mon this ALSI is so respectful of my habits ..
0 Kudos
41 REPLIES 41
Not applicable
Eish , I don't know Simon. It seems that the worlds problems have miraculously ended. Still, a close below 27000 level might change my mind
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya well, the worlds problems are not my problems .. I just trade the price :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, Do you by any chance manage private funds with your gap trading systems.? (Still cant get my head around this concept)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I don't .. for a bunch of reasons one being I would end up trying to trade far to many contracts ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
aah, but think of the power you could have. You could swing the market, all by yourself!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol, an I would probably drop it right on my toe :(
0 Kudos
seded
Contributor
Messrs Skaaptjop and Brown.Please advise which charting software is suitable to trade the systems you have developed and passed onto the forum.It does not look like easytrader's interactive charts suits. eg fast/slow Stochs,3 simultaneous M/A,s. Is it possible to view candlesticks as they form on a daily chart or does one have to use intraday for this? Your usual kind assistance to us newbies is appreciated.Tks and may the gaps be with you.
0 Kudos
leminus2
Regular Contributor
The world's problems are only just beginning.....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
anything that gives you intra-day charts. Certainly easy trader works
0 Kudos
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
Simon, I have heard you mention that you also trade the ALSI with an engulfing candle method. I have been looking/paper trading such a setup but I found a few problems. Sometimes the price only moves in the direction anticipated after another few candle periods(I looked at 15 min)and would stop out in the interim; or it would not follow the supposed direction at all.. So, if you don't mind sharing with me (and I would understand if you chose not to..), what confirmation signal(s) do you use?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
MACD for direction, engulfing candle for entry and confirmation is price above previous candle close if going long .. it not going to get you into large trades, lots of little ones, but more winners than losers and winners larger than loasers .. so makes money ..
0 Kudos
Yatagan
Frequent Contributor
Thank you very much. I will try it out and if it works, I owe you a few beers!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Could you expand a little on MACD, please? How do you interpret it for direction? Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So Simon - we are now officially into Monday's gap - with another 200pts downside potential. You in?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nah, I only trade gap the day of the gap ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
MACD short above long average I only take long signals .. and visaversa ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Another day, another BIG gap
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
yip, sold some third way in .. than stopped on balance .. maybe re-entry if it goes again ..
0 Kudos