Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

another mild recession

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Japan + the markets + higher oil prices = another (mild) recession?
http://tickertalk.co.za/blog.php?user=patrickcctx&blogentry_id=2827
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
DEP
Super Contributor
US T-bonds crash + lower dollar + inflation = RECESSION or the beginning of something worse.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
but lower dollar + inflation will actually help the US fade away their debt ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
hahaha... yep that is the trap! The US is about to reap the consequences of "printing dollars" out of thin area.
0 Kudos
geordie1
Super Contributor
maybe rebuild efforts will stimulate economy-not that easy to call-just as war can stimulate economy so in theory can disasters-still a lot of pain for the poor people involved
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
... consequences sell off in T Bonds once QE2 is over! Then all hell will break out.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I'll do my part to help the US when I order my ipad2 via Amazon @R6.50 to the dollar in 3 months time. Just don't expect me to invest in the dollar as a save haven. You're saver walking through Hillbrow at night with a TV set strapped to your back that investing in the greenback.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
oh, and T-Bonds are (suppose)the safest investment on earth. What would the world look like if 10 years T Bonds yield reach 7% or 10% (currently 3,3%)?
0 Kudos
partridge
Super Contributor
PIMCO total return fund - largest bond fund in the World has cut its holdings of US related debt to ZERO for the first time since 2008. Anyone surprised ?
0 Kudos