Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

any good news about

duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
the whole world is in turmoil. we are truly living in the time of the end. for now i would say keep options open. stick around as long as possible, get a foreign passport available as an alternative and as a second alternative look at moving to a country that has already seen its ***** with new opportunities, like zambia or mocambique, maybe not the best option but could be better than hanging around. 3rd alternative, drink yourself motherless.
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
Its winter, its gloomy,we are being punished for the sins of Zim,the U.S.A.and any body else who causes kuk in the world. Look around at us nothing much has happend,that a reduction in the oil price , or a new goverment in zim wont change.I have been here for 26 years from the U.K. and have loved every minute. My advice think long and hard befor you run away as you will pay more for your house when you return........
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Agreed Brazen. NOW all we gotta do is dodge the crime and bullets, stay alive ,and hope for the best!
0 Kudos
prof
Regular Contributor
Thanks Simba at least one person is positive
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Chinese people have now also become previously disadvantaged, and will be included into black empowerment. Wow, what a country, so considerate. Sometimes you can just watch with amusement at the antics of policymakers and have a good laugh. What this country need is a game fence right around the borders and a ticket office at the all the international airports and border posts. We are officially the biggest circus in the world with the most clowns.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Simba it,s good to have some positivity around,but unlike you ,I tend to be more of a realist, and see how current events are likely to pan out in the future.Currently this country is a shambles, lets be frank,and only a paradigm shift of thinking ,values and fresh new leadership will change that.In African politics we are never that far from a Zimbabwe syndrome outcome. That house you say will rise in value ,just may have been given away to a previously disadvantaged person!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yea go to Britland. Experience a first world country becoming a third world economy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
take the downward trend
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
It does feel like sitting on a knife edge most of the time but have we all forgotten how bad the 80's were or are y'all too young? We got through that politically and economically so cheer up and look at the positives, there are lots.... and learn the lingos
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
seems the so-called "great man" that has dedicated his life to the ANC has not left much of a legacy after all - besides a corrupt party, inept in every possible way presiding over the slow death of a crime-infested rogue state...viva!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Late 80,s was not a good time BUT compare it to now let see. 80,s Apartheid, no growth in our economy, low fuel prices, low food prices yet interest rates where in the 20 percent how could that be? Compared to now totally the opposite. You do the math!!!
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Striker i undertsand why you waste R25 to buy Noseweek....
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Sidall- What the heck has Noseweek got to do with the political state of the country?? Noseweek deals mainly with financial rip offs and frauds,not politics.Under discussion here is the state of the country!!! FYI Nosewwek costs R32,and worth every penny!!
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
LOL it tells the type of person - i think its time to use your purple passport. I cant believe you read that rubbish. The type of adverts the mag gets says it all!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Sidall appears to have a disliking of the following: Incisive investigative journalism -and holders of foreign passports. Now if you work for Investec or similarly exposed company,I guess you would'nt be a fan of Noseweek.Many of the mags. critics fall into this category! I dont deny you your choice not to read the magazine,maybe you should not deny my equal rights to read it,and then casting aspersions on my character for doing so ,is both uncalled for and unfortunate. With regard to my foreign passport, I can only surmise that it pisses you off that you dont!!!!
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Boet got a big purple passport - but would be very silly to pass up the chance of making so much money in Africa. Not denying any rights - sorry if i touched a sensitive nerve. I read a few posts and put 1 and 2 together. Just thought you enjoyed negetivity. omo
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Shaun...Please can i have a copy of weeknose or noseweek.lol
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
Go and buy one for R35.... There is a nice picture of a Zebra's head on plate lol
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
Oil at $80-$90, MDC in charge of Zim, food prices will stop increasing at such high levels, inflation will slow down, interest rates will decrease, house prices will go up and share prices will rocket. There is much to dream about. BE POSITIVE
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
Judging by all the negative vibes around I reckon we are pretty close to the bottom of this market turmoil etc... This tells me to start looking at buying back into the market soon. As for JZ I am not a fan, but as yet he has not been found guilty,and he has come out with some stern views on various issues which is more than we can say about Mbeki ( and yes it may be to create a better image politically) but he deserves a chance. South Africans are fickle by nature and are very quick to pre jugde no matter what the subject. I suppose it has alot to do with our past and up bringing. If you are going to stay here spend less time gripping and lets get pro active. Being positive brings about positive energy. BE POSITIVE and you'll be amazed at the differnce in your everyday life. Opportunities present themselves no matter what the climate.
0 Kudos