Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

any good news about

duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
what a load of *****ka. being optimistic gets you more frustrated. so be realistic and expect the worst then you won't be disappointed. try and make the best of a bad situation but dont expect sunshine and roses. it's called life and survival
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thanks guy. My wife and I have delayed our plans for our first child.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
i would recommend that. i have two young children. it is difficult raising children in the times we are living in, especially with a good moral foundation. even though it can be applied at home, it is hard when they get exposed to all sorts of rubbish out there. so no, as i understand you've been married recently. correct? enjoy it, build on it. plenty of time for kids later.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Thanks dude. really appreciate it and also i am glad the e-mail touched 2 people.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Must admit my patriotism and optimism for our beautiful country has finally died and I will be leaving for the US in the next 12 months. Why US.....cause it has the greatest concentration of morons on the planet and endless possibilities with an economy on the brink of oblivion with the only way being up in say 24-36 months. My reasons for leaving are are unlike the mindless pessimistic and obviously racist attitudes of some here but that said, I believe a black majority government will never work (at least not now) for reasons I won't get into. The BIGGEST problem SA faces is a complete lack of middle class cultural values. The middle class here has no intrinsic wealth just piles of debt. The "black diamonds" were given easy credit lines to fulfill eurocentric materialism without the tools to properly manage it....a kinda of morph of apartheid. Make no mistake tough times are coming WORLDWIDE, but the middle class will serve as a buffer preventing complete anarchy and lawlessness taking over. Ask yourself this....What percentage of future SA will still be middle class in this slagflationary environment to prevent the millions of homeless starving masses plundering for survival?????
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
no, you are certainly NOT racist or mindlessly pessimistic, but a "black majority govt. will never work"....so you are voting with your feet and joining the "morons" in the US....whatever (duh!!)
0 Kudos
TraderSteve
Frequent Contributor
You seemed to have mis interpretted the message bro. I am not saying life is easy but you have a much better chance of survival by being positive. If you start out pessimistic you are already on a hiding to nothing. If you hang around with positive and motivated people it is amazing how it rubs off and how much opportunity presents itself. Vice versa if you pessimistic.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
what did dinen just say? here i'll translate: blah...bloody.....blah...blah... big fancy words.....bloody blah......blah.....blah
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
Prof, To get back to the original question - since you posted the answer is yes. Congrats to the SA Chinese community, those delightful, ethical, hard workers. If you think about it you can only smile.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lol! Some of these comments are good for a giggle. I should a think a middle class with piles and piles of debt would create lots of opportunities in an economic downswing. This is the time to get stuff at a discount. Sherif!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
no BBBEE deal now needed to smuggle abalone....:-)
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
To dukevest and other lol's - It appears you people dont understand the concept of healthy debate, and the sharing of differing views and opinions.This is a free and open forum,for all of us to state our views on this subject. No need to berate others ,whose views are different to yours. Lets try to maintain some decorum and maturity in this regard, respect other opinions , so as to gather a balanced perspective of all individuals and their perspectives.
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
striker, point taken. i'll take it where it comes from.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Should'nt that be "from whence it comes" ?
0 Kudos
duke_vest
Frequent Contributor
striker, on second thoughts, in case you didn't notice, prof asked what good news is about? he didn't intend for a negative debate. however i invite you to click on striker in just about any thread and there is bound to pop up some negative comment about either a share, the state south africa, the presidency, etc. but has it been enlightening? it is the same bloody info everytime. we have heard every angle of negativity from a number of forumites as to the economy, mugabe, mbeki, jz, volatility of the market or some sarcastic remark as to one's spelling. so turn your finger round mate. if you want to make a comment why not say something positive for a change. or get the hell out of the country if you can't handle the heat. even i am concerned by what's going on. even i have been negative at times. but it is life. the whole world is in turmoil. it aint just here. the grass isn't always greener on the other side. negativity aint gonna help one bit. has anyone said today: the sun is shining, or i am glad to have a roof over my head, or how nice it is to have a good friend? i really feel sorry if your life revolves around negativity, and unfortunately i think many south africans, especially under the white crowd, myself being a white, have way too many issues, and we have been spoilt by a beautiful country. so i reserve my right to say blah...bloody blah... OMO
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
too many issues...that's true...unpatrolled borders and an illegal immigrant/refugee population that we can only guestimate, failing and crime-ridden state institutions, abysmal levels of service delivery, a power utility that's a disgrace, little personal security, an army ravaged by AIDS and indiscipline, roads that are becoming increasingly pot-holed etc....but I have been spoilt...I should be positive, a rosy future awaits SA - because things can't get any worse?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
There have been talks that Govt is considering allocating the Free State Area for victims of Xenophobic attack as a gesture of goodwill.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
a mini zimbabwe within sa
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I think that is a great idea. Maybe something will happen in the Free state then for a change. They should also think of giving Mpumalanga to the previously disadvantaged Chinese community. OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
standard bank sold stake to the chinese and is expanding into emerging markets, mtn seems to be into m&a talks after the other, construction is booming, eskom spending R343 billion in the next five years, 2010 World Cup,banks are at low p/es and are cheap, they might even get cheaper. commodity prices benefit in the long run e.t.c, e.t.c
0 Kudos