Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

any guess on Cosatu's IQ?

CrownA
Super Contributor
Schizo - you seem to be the lone ranger on the mass action. Please go outside and join them, while I hide inside! IMO Tito made a big mistake to please your brothers to all go and buy a house and a car, and think it would be "free". I still believe if you buy a house you should have to put a deposit down, say 10%, and interest rates should never be less than 10%. Easy credit is what got the world into the mess. I heard that the banks still HAVE to give someone a homeloan if they have a job, any job, by LAW. Where does the affordability of the NCA help??
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Schizo my friend ,there's a huge difference between First World democracies and ours.BUSH and his Party wil get blown out come next elections.How will we ever get a new Govt.? We have absolutely no effective,viable opposition party ,and the ANC knows this all to well!S.A. is in effect a one Party state ,with highly dangerous ramifications!!Only mass protest by the people ,not against high prices,but against a GOVT.that steals our taxes,wastes them on unecessary arms deals,and pockets some for themselves,cannot be allowed to continue!!
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
true we do need a healthy opposition for a proper democracy, but i think we will see it in the future, but for now if the masses want zuma then zuma it has to be as long as the elections are free and fair
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
unless he gets convicted .... which i dont think is gonna happen ... not because i think he isnt guilty ..... as i have said i havent denied corruption in sa politics
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
CrownA "I heard that the banks still HAVE to give someone a homeloan if they have a job, any job, by LAW" is complete rubbish.
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
and how is this different from the us--- lone ranger, yes, why because majority of people that own stock and that have accounts with ost in this country are white who have become at least five times wealthier and yet still complain
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
I did not mean the mass action alone could influence Tito,as you know i have stated several times during the past few months rate rises are over. Yesterday action was just a nother string to Titos bow.
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Schizo - if you agree that a strong and viable opposition is vital for a democracy,all your earlier arguments are somewhat naive! Please also explain your belief that an opposition party will appear into this S.A. political arena ? Pat Delille ? Zille ? Holomisa ? I think not. Not in our lifetime.We are stuck with these incompetents unless the masses can rise up to remove them,much like the ANC did to end apartheid .
0 Kudos
smart_money
Occasional Contributor
Non-violent means? Are you referring to the tactics used in India or South Africa to effect a regime change? The last time I checked "armed struggle" and "non-violent means" were at polar opposites to each other. In which case 'Schizo' would be an apt moniker. Well done on your tenacity though.
0 Kudos