Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

any news re announcement of deal or no deal or extention

Not applicable
Anyone know if/when the call will come for talks to be extended or called off or a final deal has been agrred to etc? Today is deadline and have not seen or heard anything new...anyone out there with a closer ear to the ground?
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
jack12
Super Contributor
CPS have you used/heard of the Darvas Box? Its to trade pullbacks, got the code and makes interesting reading but I didn't get and commentary. It changes color for buy/sell/hold and another but I don't know what.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cannot say I have heard of it (then again was not looking for it) but would not mind a copy of th code if you want to share. Always looking for new toys to play with....
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
_SECTION_BEGIN("Price"); SetChartOptions(0,chartShowArrows|chartShowDates); _N(Title = StrFormat("{{NAME}} - {{INTERVAL}} {{DATE}} Open %g, Hi %g, Lo %g, Close %g (%.1f%%) {{VALUES}}", O, H, L, C, SelectedValue( ROC( C, 1 ) ) )); Plot( C, "Close", ParamColor("Color", colorBlack ), styleNoTitle | ParamStyle("Style") | GetPriceStyle() ); _SECTION_END(); _SECTION_BEGIN("Darvas Box"); box1=0; box2=0; SetBarsRequired(10000,10000); procedure fillDarvas(start,end,swap,top, bottom ) { for ( j = start; j < end; j++) { if( box1[j] == swap) box1[j]= top ; else box1[j]= bottom; if(box2[j] == swap) box2[j]= bottom ; else box2[j]= top; } } BoxArr1 = 0; BoxArr2 = 0; StateArray = 0; DBuy = 0; DSell = 0; TopArray = 0; BotArray = 0; tick=0; BoxTop = High[0]; BoxBot = Low[0]; swap=0; state = 0; BoxStart = 0; for (i=0; i(BoxTop*(1+tick/100))) { fillDarvas(BoxStart,i,swap,BoxTop,BoxBot); state = 1; swap = !swap; BoxTop = High[i]; BoxStart = i; } } else { if (High[i]BoxBot)) { state++; } else { state=3; } if (state==3) BoxBot=Low[i]; } else { state=1; BoxTop=High[i]; } } StateArray[i] = state; } fillDarvas(BoxStart,BarCount,swap,BoxTop,BoxBot); Plot( box1, "" , 1 + statearray, styleThick); Plot( box2, "" , 1 + statearray , styleThick); _SECTION_END();
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just in: The deal has been canned....what are the consequences of this?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
where did you hear that the MTN/Bharti deal is off?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Weaker Rand (which is good for Resi and top40) and Mtn should stabalise at around these levels.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i see their share dealing has been suspended,could maen anything!
0 Kudos
Amar
Contributor
Reuters is reporting that the deal has been called off.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Been buying the downside for little while now. That massive drop late afternoon took me out very nicely with some profit to celebrate about ;-)....share just suspended to prevent panic selling. MTN will issue a notice tomorrow morning and the share should resume normal trading tomorrow mid morning most likely.
0 Kudos