Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

any truth to rumour

gmoney
Contributor
has anyone heard any truth to the rumour that there may be a deal here
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Mr_S
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
what are you talking about gmoney? If it's the Anglo Plats deal where WEZ is taking up AP's 37% stake, well that's old news.
0 Kudos
gmoney
Contributor
it must be ,i have not been following it.
0 Kudos
gmoney
Contributor
it must be ,i have not been following it.
0 Kudos
Marno_1
Regular Contributor
Good sense out today. WEZ shown good recovery during this weak. I wonder if we will see it soon at levels of 650 again.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Have a look at the article of fin24.co.za Mike Solomon is a smart CEO. I said a while back that WEZ is uniquely positioned to weather the troubles in that they can simply delay aspects of the project to protect capital and avoid dilution of value and that's exactly what Mike is doing by tranching the mine development. Once again he is bringing a whole new innovation to mine development. WEZ can hedge themselves by protecting available cash and by delaying big spend items not core to the project. Other small operators who are operational do not have this luxury and are feeling the pain
0 Kudos
Major
Regular Contributor
he's still got to find R5billion over the next 5 years. While he's got R300m in the bank now, he can't bring any project to account until he can raise debt - which remains very difficult in this environment. Wez will be a survivor of this shake out - but in what form remains unclear.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if you cant put the money to work????
0 Kudos