Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

any updated views

Salmon
Occasional Contributor
I'm thinking of dumping my holding here - seems to be going nowhere. The last results were more promising but didn't excite the buyers. Any reason I should hold on?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
MehmoodHaffejee
Frequent Contributor
Except for the strong political connections, I woudl agree with you. This is not translating into any meaningful return, and has been a real DOG.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Stay away ...'from dem Kerb stocks.'.Seriously.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
The Public Prosecutor with (and following on from, work done by) The Auditor General are investigating Gijima w.r.t the WAIOL project. So things could get much nastier yet.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Depends on your view, results where good, it is trading at -22% from High so one must see it as a potential good buy. As long as company produces good results. yes a bad share if you bought a while back but for people who buy now, might be worth holding onto.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
It really depends on the Public Prosecutors' view on matters, wouldn't you agree?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
By the way it is trading -56% from its April 2010 high. Its all-time high was just on R52.00 - but that was another time, another place.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I was talking 52 week.. but yes, one must watch.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Am I to understand that you are taking the "offerings" of this director as your motivation for this investment? These are the directors who supposedly knew nothing of the extended investigation into Gijima until they saw the item in the newspapers. I am reluctant to place any faith in their utterances.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
who said that?
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
ISIN: ZAE000147443 ("Gijima" or "the company") GIJIMA WELCOMES PUBLIC PROTECTOR INVESTIGATION TO ENSURE TRANSPARENCY ON WAIO CONTRACT The board of Gijima and CEO Jonas Bogoshi learnt via the City Press of Sunday 22 January 2012, that the Public Protector is investigating the awarding of the Who Am I Online (WAIO) contract to the company. The article refers to a February 2009 report of the Auditor General that has not been made available to Gijima Surely you read the SENS announcements issued by the very company you are touting??
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
And now ABSA is "jumping ship." Given the cloud hanging over GIJ and the nature and extent of the relationship required with her clients, I am fairly sure this will not be the last. GIJ has huge staff costs and needs to handle this carefully or she could go down. I doubt her management is up to this challenge.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
And now ABSA is "jumping ship." Given the cloud hanging over GIJ and the nature and extent of the relationship required with her clients, I am fairly sure this will not be the last. GIJ has huge staff costs and needs to handle this carefully or she could go down. I doubt her management is up to this challenge.
0 Kudos