Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

anybody ready for topdwl at 40c?

Samir
Super Contributor
Q2W, where can u check if barrier is hit overnight?
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Samir the barrier is on the TOP40 CASH. The CASH market is between 09:00 and 17:00. But the movement of the wave is on the ALSI FUTURES which is open between 08:30 and 17:30. So with a wave, take TOPDWL in this case, you have exposure of an extra 80min where YOU CAN'T TRADE the wave. Waves are only tradeable between 09:10-16:50. So if the DOW moves south during the evening or just after 5pm, the FUTURES follows that. And can continue in the morning! This could send the CASH TOPI down passed 24000 (only 471 points away atm). So at 09:10 when you want to TRADE, the wave is already CLOSED!
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
It happen to TOPDWM (i think) was 20c at close and the barrier was reached in the auction
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Guess there will be no smiles in the morning then. Ah! F##@ a snake bite stings.
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
I'm afriad this barrier is going to be closer than thought!
0 Kudos
Samir
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Call the issuer outside of the cash market hours. The instrument is hedged on the futures, so you can get them to act any time after 8.30 if you call them.
0 Kudos
Q2W
Super Contributor
Normally no trades when the market opens, so I doubt it.
0 Kudos