Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

anyone believe in the golden cross?

Not applicable
old mutuals 50day SMA has just crossed over the 200day SMA, this is known as a golden cross, anyone bullish on this technical indicator?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Bugger I was hpoing it was a Karma sutra position I had not tried.. oh well..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Never hear of it, but TA is a new thing to me so am learning. Will have to learn more about this, but the little I have seen could be on any short/long crossover so depending on the view and timeframe of your trade this could mean alot or nothing at all.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Take a look at PPC - your so called golden cross occured on the 2/4/2009 and then see what happened to the share price!
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Its the one where you get screwed in the @SS.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
its a bullish trend reversal for the long term, like over the next year.. and its not my theory, i just heard about it on Bloomberg because the mentioned that many technical analysis traders look at this and 200day sma for trend reversal..
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
50SMA is close to crossing the 200SMA on the S&P500. Given talks about this being a bear rally it might just cross to trap in the long term guys before a big drop ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
or maybe it wont cross t act as resistance and then drop will have meaning
0 Kudos
Not applicable
To Trade Student - if you look at PPC's chart you will observe that the share price started dropping after these averages crossed and has been moing down ever since. As is common knowledge - do not only use one indicator!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
hybrid and john, great comments lol..
0 Kudos