Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

anyone following IMP

r_n
Contributor
When does this share price stop rising?? for how long can the high platinum price last? has the budget speech and other recent developments (no load shedding for the last two weeks - albeit due to the large industries being at 90%) not managed to reduce fears regarding supply shortages of platinum? is this share just going to continue moving up despite it being in overbought territory? anyone have any thoughts on this?? many thanks
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
asylum
Super Contributor
at what prtice did you short it, burned my fingers on this one.
0 Kudos
r_n
Contributor
at 295... It closed at 284 on the 11 Feb (which also flagged a change in price movement direction - or so i thought!) but then had a transaction of ~293 the ffg day at 8h31 which was then follwed by a much higher opening price on that day... what are your thoughts on this share price movement over the next few weeks? thanks
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
as long as the plat price holds it will probably stay at the current prices or there abouts, but as i said in my other post a small reversal on plat prices and the outcome could quickly change, have a look at kitco.com plat chart and look when the plat price retraced and you will see that as soon as there is a small retracement on the plat price this share tumbles. But on the other hand if plat prices keep on going up, and who knows how far plat will rise before a pullback is anyones guess, and as long as thats the scenario i think imp will follow, omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I shorted a couple days ago and it is irritating the ***** out of me.I hoped that there would have been a bit of profit taking,and then rand stuffed it up and talks of price going to record levells and all of sudden eskom repairs 10 out of the 20% power plants that were down and imp still running .If it goes to 30200 imake money else im out.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
As a share it should keep going up with a few speed bumps for this entire year.Power cuts,et al,and other imponderables such as Bob,should have little effect as 85% of metals sold on contracts,see posts under Share discussion.For derivitives,i'm hoping at upward movement till future close outs + - Mar18.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
I am in the same boat here... Well technically both the platinum price and IMP are reaching overbought levels. There is bound to be a correction - only question is when!? But for the time being I am holding on to my shorts...
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
This market is very difficult to trade end of story. Its impossible to guess a direction. We are having a good day today but if the US data out later is bad and they have a bad day,down we go and so on and so on. So IMP is over bought and should correct or consolidate before next move up or down but at this rate it could trade for 400 tomorrow and 250 by Monday. So all the shorts get out tomorrow only to lose out big the next day difficult for sure.
0 Kudos
r_n
Contributor
thanks asylum.. it will be interesting to see how this one unfolds.. yes venice - the markets are volatile at the moment - but i dont think it is a reason to be so cynical - rather apply as much logical thought to current and future decisions (should be doing that anyway!) ..just my opinion
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
I prefer to be called bearish.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
According to DB the platinum price should revert to it's 8 week average of about USD1700. This, coupled with the possible supply problems due to Eskom, should mean that both IMP and AMS are due to be shorted. When this will happen, though, is the million $ question...
0 Kudos
r_n
Contributor
32600 and... (increasing?!!) ...ouch
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Make that R328...
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Err... I mean R331!
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
r_n
Contributor
still hanging on to those shorts then?!!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
by the time ipm is done youll be down to your undies.lol
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Sigh - yes I am... Went short at 305 so let's see...
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
hey dont feel so bad i was short at 258 and only got out at 300 i was so badly burned not even the burns trauma unit could help only time can heal the pain.
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
The whole frikking market is a short looking for a place to happen.Just when? Clearly wasn't yesterday.
0 Kudos