Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

anyone remember me punting this one when it was falling like a stone????

Not applicable
Well, if you'd have bought at the lows, you'd be sitting on over 100% profit right now..... and it's still going. :) Thanks for trying to talk me out of it guys :)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
barry_1
Super Contributor
I had difficulty when i held OML as a warrant and made a small loss upon it.How ever i decided it would do better as an installment.Doing great and i intend keeping it till the final and will then stand in line to collect the dividends as well.
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
On another note, assuming this share rallies will this increase the maturity value of a policy that is due to mature shortly.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Highly unlikely,they usually trot out some lame excuse!....its better to be their partner than customer.My late father had many anuities an i income annuities with them,they screwed us thouroughly!We would have done better at that time putting out money in fixed deposits!
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
I agree with Barry. The very intention of providing cutomers with insurance products, is to fleece him. I had the same experience with annuities. I would have been better off putting my monthly payments in an old sock under my mattress, than investing in a retirement annuity - honestly... I told the company representative as much.
0 Kudos
akashmaha
Frequent Contributor
We are told that our maturity is projected on company performance. Surely this is the key to their payouts because our premiums are in vested in stocks and now the stocks are rallying hence the favourable payout.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
please let us know hw u fared,once the pay-outs are known....by the way one can usually find out from some insurance companies what the pay-out is up to this given date and that will tell u if its what u can expect.
0 Kudos