Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

anything cheap?

Not applicable
hi, could anyone help by suggesting penny shares (below R10) that are presently cheap/ selling at a discount/a good buy? Looking at investing medium - long term.
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Blik
Super Contributor
Try running a Filter on the Share Filter instrument, with the following variables. Price/NAV as less than 1, Last closing price less than 1000 and possibly throw in a PE ratio of less than 10. Maybe exclude all results with negative PE ratios, then do an anlysis on those results. Or something like that. Although am not sure that 1000 should be the cut line for a Penney Stock. Maybe compare your filter results to the AltX shares or small cap shares. I like ISA.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Don't forget to cap the market cap to filter in the small caps. Maybe a < R500 mil filter.
0 Kudos
superstar
Regular Contributor
I am not sure about cheap but MY quality small caps are, Litha (well I have been talking about this stock for a while), Taste, RBA,what the hell give me yours too!!!!
0 Kudos
J12
Frequent Contributor
I've got money on Oando (OAO) and if you're feeling brave/optimistic like me, then AC Towers (ATR) as well. Some advice... even though you can pick up good tips here, do your OWN homework or you will get burned.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Buying penny stocks is not about taking the cheapest, riskiest thing out there. It's about finding neglected value (yes, with an added element of risk.) BUY QUALITY!
0 Kudos