Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

apparently

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
HAR is bullish on the gold rice? Well yes they would be, in fact it is surely comulsory for gold iners to be bullish on gold?
http://www.fin24.com/articles/default/display_article.aspx?ArticleId=1518-24_2411548
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
Not applicable
I struggle to trust companies that make a living gambling with people's lives by sending them deeper and deeper into the ground. Also struggle to invest in companies where I have to factor in number of deaths in a year into my revenue forecasts
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Simon...just buy 100 shares of HAR and hold them for 5 years. If u make a profit take me for a dinner.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
LOL.. I have a better Idea. Just take wiz to dinner and keep the rest of your cash in a quality asset. Much much cheaper.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Johnny if u listened to me and bought DRD under 350, now u would have taken me and your family to dinner and even bought me the ticket to CT for the occasion. That.with just 10 grand worth of stock!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Wiz I am only having a laugh, I have not looked a gold chart of any kind for quite some time. If I was to buy a metal it would be plat not gold as it actually has a use. I know you are a massive gold bull and I respect your patience and determination.
0 Kudos
niemand
Contributor
Wiz, Appreciate your input into this. My thinking so far, gold is defying the usual safe-haven trend, so far at least. Demand is being met with supply as various hedge funds & central banks unwind/sell gold positions/bullion. So I'm beginning to think that the price is going to stay around $800 for the forseeable future until either supply or demand change. Am I wrong on this? What is your take?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
buy gold stocks? Yo jest? Wiz if you gave me free HAR stocks I would throw them away, zero chance I would pay.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The long term on Gold is up. How it's going to unravel is another story. There were too many Bulls few weeks ago and that lead to nothing. Funds always sell at the wrong time. When all the sellers arrive in the market, prices start going up. That theory I think it will hold nicely this time round.
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Even though I am a proponant of the gold madness and I do still believe there are gains on their way, I'm inclined to think that greater profit and security is to be had from platinum at the levels that it is currently at. Not the miners though as they're running the risk of going under at the moment, but if this happens the supply will be cut down which will drive the price of the metal up. Wrt Gold I think the catalyst this week will be the decision by oil producers to cut the supply.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How do you invest in Platinum with out investing in the miners? No ETF in this country yet. Unless you mean physical Platinum e.g. coins , bullion etc.
0 Kudos
gleamin
Contributor
What can one buy for exposure to the platinum price, without buying the miners?
0 Kudos
Shard
Super Contributor
Dont trade platinum, so I dont know, just giving my opinion on the price of the metal. Will have a look at alternative measures of exposure, cant think of any atm.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Fine I'll take u out...I want u to taste what the profit from a Gold stock feels like
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
When supply is increased (and demand remains the same) prices should come DOWN - Economics 101.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
wiz lol, now this is how I like to make money off gold. Zero risk, but dinner locked in .
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The book applies perfectly. When all sellers come into the market the prices DO come down. That was the Friday story of the funds selling. Today no one sells and the prices start going up, with the bargain hunters coming back. The proverb applies for the day before so to speak :)
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
What does gold rice taste like??
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Ask any gold iner.Or should that be gold diner?
0 Kudos