Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

are u surprised?

Not applicable
Inbox full of incredulous remonstrations ....such "why the fell are we falling "surely cause the US closed up we should rally"..."but we had such a nice rally yesterday".... "the guys on TV were saying its all over"....how many times do we have to be reminded that we are in bear market....no one says u dont get great rallies in a bear market....in fact they are usually more violent....
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
moomoo
Contributor
Platinum & Gold stocks are in the positive tho
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Chartist more questions I,m afraid. I know you use Fib retracements a lot. I have heard you talk about the ambush zone is that the area between 50% and 61,8% where false reversals occur?? also if a share /alsi reaches 61,8% like we have right nowish i.e retrace from the last leg up(not over) do you get false reversals here aswell? or if you reverse here do you consider it a pivot??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
essentially the move either side of the 61.8 will tell you if the move is merely a retracement or something else.....yes that point would become the pivot if the move is beyond that level
0 Kudos
Not applicable
a case in point is the price action on the Dow today...perfect selling oppotunity in the ambush zone...moved down to 100% then moved back up to the pivot and then back down again....text book stuff....if only this *****py forum had a charts posting function...apparently we dot need it ...too complicated for SFM customers
0 Kudos
Not applicable
There is no president powerful enough to change markets. News makers and people who make alot of noise are mostly financially illiterate and usually mislead the public, therefore technical analyis is of utmost importance!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
falling below 19500 and more downside will come
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
That the ALSI you takin' 'bout thar in 'dem hills?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The ALSI did exactly what i expected. I am sure all off you's should be in the profit now. Take it and go enjoy
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Cheers, baby steps in the right direction with TOPSBR. Then move from playschool to uni with DWT :)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
anyone still want to know what a bear trap is?....you see bulls just exhibit herd behavior...bears are mendacious and perfidious and capable of exerting extreme pain...
0 Kudos
WR
Regular Contributor
lets see if we can take out the lows of 24/10 and go down.
0 Kudos
jit777
Occasional Contributor
Hi question for chartist. on screencast.com what charting software do you use? And where do you get it from as i'm looking for a live charting system. Thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
md2.it finance ... These are charts from IG index or idealsfds same thing but if you think they good ! ITcharts at ideal is 10 times better !!!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
what is the address..thanks hennie.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi John, Have on address they come with idealcfds as the advanced charts
0 Kudos