Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

at Market

richardw
Super Contributor
When I put through an order @Market, does the person who effects that order have any opportunity to pocket money "for the house" in that? E.g. by buying at one price and selling it to me at another. I notice that some orders go through immediately, some don't. Is it just because they're busy, or what?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
venice
Super Contributor
Don't do it, you are giving away money. The trader will do the trade at any price not the necessarity at the ruling price. You often end up losing.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the best thing to do is if you buying and the first sellers price is say R99-80 limit your buy to R99-90
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Agreed, I usually set them carefully but sometimes I'd rather have the trade go through even if it loses the spread.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
When I am retreating or a stop loss alert has signalled and I want out then I place at market and take the knock on the spread but if I am taking proits or going long then I will select my price usually. But if you buying a top40 shar it is pretty safe to buy at market, the volumes are enormous and there is no time for shananigans
0 Kudos