Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

awsome chart of CPI since listing

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Monthly chart of CPI since listing in 2002 .. Total return is 10,199% and annualised return is 73.94% .. http://bit.ly/cbUJFk
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Brilliant! I would love to be able to go back in time and buy many more of this company! Thanks Simon for this chart - just makes one quite excited to see whats possible over time!
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
ya...this would fit my momentum method perfectly
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I really like CPI - have been holding it for a few years - and will hold for many more!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
John, hows your venture doing and that ideas you had about funding - i've thought up some ideas about such types of funds, etc. very interesting! - the crowdfund is very interesting, but lacks on some areas.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Werner, Hozit.. Things are hotting up. I have a meeting with BAT on thursday and I have been in contact with Geoff Bible and Louis Camerleri as a result of the Work DST has been doing to help get me conected with Philip Morris.. I will be meeting the head of PMI's Africa opperations end August. As for the funding it is something I have been giving a ot of thought to but a this stage no action. I have been working on a anti counterfieting project as well...so no shortage of ideas...just a bit short time and venture capital.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
excellent, i love to hear about how it goes. i really love venture capital and how things start... Simon put me in contact with a guy thats also very into SME's, etc. we've been chatting about all sorts of things which is very interesting. Good to hear things are going well - keep it up - soon it will pay dividends!
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Actually the total return is much higher. CPI came to market with 33 million shares and now has nearly 88 million: so: 33m x 1 = 33 million cap vs 88 m x 120 = 10bil 560 mil so 320 x 33200% odd
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I would be interesting to see this one in the next 8 years! I surely will be holding all the time! I would add to my position if the share were to offer value based on my logic, now its a bit high, but one never knows what the earnings/assets do.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
would be interesting to hear how many people on this forum actually bank with Capitec...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Funny how this company outperformed. I should have bought it at 1,50 a couple of years back, Look at the superior returns. If one just knew.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Werner, for you kind words and consistant support. It is very much appreciated. My meeting has been moved to the 12th August.. Its very ironic and quite fatefull in that it is exactly on that date last year BAT said no to me...now 12 months later its them asking for the meeting. God does moves in misterious ways.
0 Kudos
DZ
Contributor
I work in a mall in Mitchells Plain CT and the bank is always packed. One problem is that they only have one ATM outside the bank and during month-end the clients must queu for hours just to withdraw funds But I believe the demographic that they are targeting is not averse to long waiting times. There is a ton of money hiding under matresses that I'm sure they will get there hands on.
0 Kudos
Ben_ladin
Contributor
Simon tell uf where do you see cpi going
0 Kudos