Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

back test system

schizo
Frequent Contributor
does anybody know of an easy way to back test a system or if there is a program that i could get to do it?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
cfm
Super Contributor
Are you prepare to pay money for it? I use Amibroker for charting and it has a backtesting facility. If you can write your rules down exactly, then it gives you a fairly good idea of the system. I would have done it slightly different, but it beats using Excel each time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or just get married - someone who told you so every time you lose money, and how she shoulda listened to her mother and married the guy with the Toyota dealership.
0 Kudos
schizo
Frequent Contributor
problem is i hate programming, tried using amibroker back testing but i just cant the language right...there is a program to test systems for sale on turtletrader.com... but it is 999$ .........anyone know a data vendor for intraday data?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the turtle trader one is considered the best there is .
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
If you like free stuff, try Wall Street Analyser. You will find it on www.tucows.com and it is in a zip file called wsa.zip.
0 Kudos