Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

banking index video...is there something we dont know?

11 REPLIES 11
_nova
Super Contributor
thanks for this Chartist. Very insightful. I absolutely agree on the pattern forming. I also agree that we cannot yet even guess if there are 'skeletons' in the closet. Did you see my post yesterday to SBK re possible exposure to CDS? I took an outside chance on a long on financials today since they've been hammered so hard. In a relief rally they climb and I'm pretty nicely up but watching it oh so carefully.
0 Kudos
DST
Super Contributor
Not much windrush from your opentop car round the peninsula, or did you take a hardtopper?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Chartist you are right. My charting comes to the same conclusion. Any upside should be used as selling opputunity
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Very interesting again. Many thanks. Always find your talks and charts fascinating. Please keep it up.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Chartist. Funnily enough I did a chart at the end of September for Standard Bank and I noticed this same Head and Shoulder pattern emerging, which could mean nothing, but showing up in many instruments at this point in time, especially the Banking Index. Weekly Chart for the last 5 years. http://img134.imageshack.us/my.php?image=standardbankbearchannelgg0.jpg Daily Chart for the last 5 years. http://img171.imageshack.us/my.php?image=standardbankbearchannelhv1.jpg
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Of course what would change things is if the Dividend Yield drops, then that line drawn at the 6000 could become a reality? Let's hope not. Cheers, BTTB.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I saw on Summit that Roffey had the same view as you this week on the banking index Chartist :-)
0 Kudos
JDT
Regular Contributor
He must have watched Chartist's screencast... :)
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Brazen...its a cold day in hell both roffy and Chartist agree on the TA...OOPS!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
oh *****...I will have to relook that whole analysis...there must be something I missed...
0 Kudos