Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

banks performing well today

J_d_B
Contributor
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
selling of resources and then the money needs to go somewhere, so going into banks at low valuations. We've been seeing a lot of this rotation in recent months, and generally short lived.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
I would not call a 1% move performing well after the battering the banks have recieved.omo
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
out preforming the resi by about 2.1% .
0 Kudos
J_d_B
Contributor
yeah perhaps 'performing well' could be better worded as 'not lying in the gutter begging for s*****s' lol But it's positive at least.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Another thing that's puzzling - with all this rampant inflation, oil price, gloomy future scenarios why isn't the gold price higher. Or did it do it over the last 6 months already?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well brazen, because if you still have all your teeth, what do you need gold for ?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
You gotta start laying off those endless re-runs of "Pirates of the Carribean".. . . I know Mrs Simon said, in the dark, with your hair teased, you look a little like Cap'n Jack, but still. . .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
Brazen, good question. Me thinks we might see Gold turn up on the oil price and rate cut from fed as dollar weakens... at least that my thinking. Could be wrong but i went long on gold futures today. OMO
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Definately worth a shot scandal - just wonder if the Fed might pause this time. They must be looking at finding a balance between bailing out banks and fueling inflation. Fascinating times. And thanks jimmo - will check out that link.
0 Kudos
riverside
Occasional Contributor
Banking stocks have been offering good value- esp at an average PE of 7. I am therefore not surprised that bank stocks seem to be on the rise.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Surely caution is still required till after the next reserve bank meeting,as a rate hike will put every thing back to square one?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
ps. thats our reserve bank!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yes Barry quite possible but this time round i think it may already be priced in, mind you i thought that last time and i was horribly wrong.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
me too ,came unstuck in property as it was also affected!
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Well we also thought that the previous one was also priced in and look what happened then. The trend is your friend until then.... well
0 Kudos