Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

banks...the skeleton in the closet?

Not applicable
Is this what the head and shoulders is warning us about?....BEE deals under water....IMP,MTN,BAW,OML ....banks exposed to these counters which in some cases have lost half their value....has impact on health of their balance sheet...Nedbank impairment charges up 88#
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Not applicable
There has to be some hidden reason they are not letting us short them!!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
yes i find the story that they cant borrow stock for us to short the banks a lot of hogwash, and it should be investigated.
0 Kudos
Jobarshares
Contributor
There are still some H/S formations thats forming nicely, e.g. MPC, SLM, etc. You can still short them.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
banks are now run by bank robbers are a bunch of cr%$£$%ks , only they are quick to take your money but will come up with every excuse not to pay you, just look at banks financial statements see where most of their profit comes from, i say the new party should form a bank thatallows you to stand in ques with no charges and only charges to borrowers etc
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Also received this email: Thank you for your e-mail. This is due to us not being able to borrow stock to allow short positions.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what a wonderful note of no confidence in themselves....ya the writing is on the wall...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
err that should be vote...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
out of interest, can we still short using CFD's on DWT or IdealCFDs? I don't use these platforms
0 Kudos
Jobarshares
Contributor
As far as I know, on Ideal CFD's you can still short Banks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos