Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

banks

Not applicable
will the report from the competition commision regarding the "anticompetitive behaviour" of our four major banks have any impact on their share prices ?
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable
tricky one...one the one end you have to assume that there is a degree of price fixing as I know if I go to say standard bank on offer to move all my accounts over to them worth about R10m if they better the rates I get from FNB they'll just tell me to get stuffed. Now if there were competition theyd at least say bring in your statements and we'll take a look at it. But on the other side they can always argue that our charges are so high because of crime. Nowhere alse in the world is transporting and storing of cash as expensive as here due to all the cashintransit heists atm bombing robberies fraud etc etc etc... Maybe a solution is to make each bank put 30% of all bank charges into a trust account and form a privte security force which is poactive to bring down at least one aspect of crime.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And as i hit the reply button SAFM tells me there has just been yet another cash in transit heist this morning.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
take from the rich give to the poor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks , i will wait and see
0 Kudos