Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

bhp billiton

Not applicable
hi guys,whos long on bhp? pick of the day on summit tv for two days now.im long at 180-00.what do the traders think???
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
good buy short.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
bil was out of the bolinger bands at around the 179 -180 price so on a technical point i would go long was also oversold on the stochastic, omo.
0 Kudos
hs
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
DA
Contributor
I'm long BIL this week, been in and out a couple of times. Comments on summit and others are regularly saying BIL is a better long term proposition than AGL, so I go long whenever price weakness sets in. Nothing too scientific, but it has worked well for me. If it does go the wrong way, I am prepared to sit on the loss as I believe it is a good share so will recover eventually,
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I believe BIL has already broken support going back to Nov'08. We can see a retracement to 190 to close the small gap in price but then it's down to maybe test the lows. A close below 180 will confirm this.
0 Kudos