Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

blue chip trade

stomps
Contributor
Hi all can anyone please help I am new to this Every one talk about blue chip trading 1, How do you know what share is blue chips 2, Where can you read about it 3, What make it n blue chip share I take this from Re:Re:I know that this share has seen 120c , but I by kwagga on 06 Oct 16:42 . . . Wait for the first sign of a recovery and rush into blue chips - RCH, SBK, BVT, MTN, SOL, NPN, SHP, SHF. You have to love the opportunity lurking. . . . Some of those are food like SHP, SBK -> banks , SOL -> Petrol and so on 4, Thanks every one most of the notes of every day I try to read to learn some more
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Not applicable
Keep on reading the posts on this forum and learn as much as u can by yourself. Ull figure out who gives good advice regarding shares. One thing I can say though, is this: If you have not entered into any trades buying shares yet, then youve done better than 99% of all the people who post threads on this forum, and that includes me.
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I agree with Georgem.
0 Kudos
NJ_1
Frequent Contributor
Blue chips are stocks of the "best" companies that are traded on the exchange, where the "best" means that the companies are well established and have proven themselves to be profitable and pay regular dividends over a long period. Usually they have few or no debts and they have the resources to expand and take advantage of opportunities as they arise. The stocks of these companies have so much inherent value that they invariably keep trading at continually rising share prices. In a situation like the one where we are now, where there is a substantial dip in the market including in blue chip share prices, the blue chips are typically the ones that recover first, because the drop in their price had nothing to do with their own poor performance - essentially they are now under-valued and they can be snapped up at bargain prices. The blue chip shares tend to sit in the top 40 index and many of them are household names, like Standard Bank, etc.
0 Kudos
Skyhawk
Contributor
Go to help and education and click on "the basic course" there you will find most of the linga.... And ja I agree with the other two formites... you must have kahunas of steel? And yet if I had some cash lying around collecting dust I would climb into this market and shine by July 2009...
0 Kudos
louisg
Super Contributor
There is a great SALE going on at the moment. BUY QUALITY (blue chips)for the long term. I'M LOVING IT.
0 Kudos
stomps
Contributor
hi thanks all I bought some shares in Jully MTN, Capitec, Pick n Pay, Sanlam DRD, Afgold, UUU,ABO but the value that I have on the JSE is not much it is about R10 000 So i play with that to see what happen so far I have n 25% los But I Learning and do also reading on money web Thanks all for the help
0 Kudos