Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

buy or not

Not applicable
Is this share a buy at R3,85, let me know what you educated guys think Thanks
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable
read the sens of drd, may be you should wait and see
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks momentum
0 Kudos
Not applicable
depends on ur time frame dude....if you sub40.....I would personally recommend this share over an insurance policy anyday which I've also done. From a daytraders perspective, I would'nt touch it.....and hav'nt!
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
The dog is eying it's next victim. Will lure you to pat its head before it rips of your arm. Maybe a bit melodramatic but consider yourself warned.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
dinen, you been drinking way way early. drd over insurance. Now I wouldn't recommend insurance to anybody, but heck I would only take DRD over a hole in the head, coz all that DRD is going to give you is a hole in the ground ... top tip - gold is a relic ...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ahoy T-man....you've been anti gold since our first drink with gold at usd300. Would you still be if Obama adopts a gold standard?. The heart of the credit crises is pinning down intrinsic value but against what??? Dollar rallying now cause dollar debt has to be settled in dollars.....especially all those wipe outs in the derivitives market.....what happens after???
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hey Dinnen...If we are about it why not go back to Shells or glass beads or rocksalt...the gold standard was dropped because there is not enough gold to support the size of the global economy...so there is simply no way back...money is just a means of settlement as long as there is trade there is money and its not the money that provides the value but the underlying trade. OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
money does'nt provide the value itself...my point exactely. So where do you think input value was with the hundreds of billions the fed has just printed to ease the credit crises?
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
In the underlying value of trade...It may mean inflation will rise but as long as I get more for my wiget than it cost to make all is well. I don't care if the thing that shows that profit is stones, gold, dimonds, paper, cotton, shells...as long as I can redeem that value for food etc...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Agreed John but that synopsis works well in a simple economy...not the complex economy of modern times.Problem now is the people responsible for printing money are PRIVATE institutions, not public unbiased exchange entities. With a license like that, one tends to leverage to the moon and since value on the input side is non existent, over years the system has to return no a natural statsis or equilibrium...tis a undisputed law of nature, and when this happens such as now, we experience a credit/financial crises because one cannot indefinitely add on one side of a balance equation. Gold because of it's rareity and energy required to seek, mine and refine into numerous transportable maaleable forms makes it the ideal yardstick for any value transaction. Any other system such as our current one, although allowing you to sell your widgets and live, is in essence a massive wealth transfer from people who do all the work (energy input) to people who do nothing and whose only energy expenditure in the transaction is a printing press. Had the central bankers had gold for every dollar the energy input inherant in the gold would be transferred to the currency which would then balnce your energy input in producing your widget when you sell it. Trust me we will be returning to this system in the NEXT 5 years....it's the only way outta this mess! adios amigo
0 Kudos