Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

can someone please help!!!!

JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
So you saying Jhb is actually rubbing off on you?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Never short the bull and stay away from warrants till you know exactly what you doing... Oh and compound interest is an amazing thing... maybe wait for the next pullback and use a portion of your funds to buy a share or two which you intend holding for at least a year. then compare your returns on that share to your returns from trading... the result is you then have an idea on if you on the right track to being a trader or if you'd be better off as an investor...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
macG
Contributor
investing/ trading is mostly about Greed and Fear, try read some books about the basics about the markets. decide if its long term investment or shorterm trading, these are taxed at different rates. this is very important to remember. do some analysis from this site and other info that u can gather, listen to what others have to say, but dont trade only on this, DRD and the Roffey come to mind. Fundemental analysis on the company to decide which share to buy and then look at the chart to see where u think a good price is to buy... then just go ahead and buy a few shares not to big at first and see how thing work on this site, do this for about 8-12 months then consider looking into SSF. Basically keep your eyes and eyes open and then look to see how big your balls are
0 Kudos
Not applicable
censors...where are the bloody censors!!!!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You might need to update Goldfinger on that one... not sure how long he's been out of the picture for...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I cant! when I type R****y and F*B or T***A or even D*D - see what happens
0 Kudos
BABYBOY
Regular Contributor
censors what? censors are you talking about???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ahhh, finally, another UCT student. Thought I was the only young 'un here among all the old money. Cmon youngster, lets show them how its done! We are the future after all.... But seriously, try paper trading first bro otherwise you'll wipe out ur portfolio in no time, especially now when things always seem to be on a knife edge and theres someone shouting "bear" every friggen second. Keep an eye on the forum, lotsa valuable info to be gained. Go to the standard bank courses, like the one SimonPB gave today in CT. Lank interesting stuff. Emotions man...thats where you make your mistakes...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And learn TA!!!its great.and like DC said, read,read,read. Books by Mark Douglas and Tuschar Chande for example, will give a better understanding about the ART of trading....btw, what year you in?
0 Kudos
am_1
Frequent Contributor
You have to think like a woman...use your instinct, intelligence and rely on rumours. Read all you can especially newspapers, listen to Moneyweb. Always trust your own judgement, above all NEVER be emotional and knowing what p.e. means helps
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Welcome hombré! I have made a list in a Word doc. of some of the website url's that I use often or daily or bored or confused (more than 3 times a day, sometimes I think I am Confucious) just double click on the icons & Bobs your neighbour....apologies for any dodge sites that might have landed up in there....enjoy anyway, hope the bandwith can take the strain......http://www.4shared.com/dir/1903306/64f5c47d/sharing.html....Remember this.....everyday you open your eyes, bloodshot or not, you've beaten the dealer....make every one of them count & its not always about the money, phone your mom n tell her you love her, organise a game of golf or whatever you do together with your dad ços one thing is certain....we're all going to get measured up for a SA Pine wooden suite. Good trading & welcome again. Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cheers Y....just registered on the FREE side there.Wanna Play See-my-Freakyou-Charts ?...heh.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ja,well.....4shared.com/file/1483230...dem Foreigners and dere Dollars can't be happy since 2007 began....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Nah...above link NOT...try 4shared.com/dir/2568029/da51ad70....whatever.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That kinda sucked too...but finally....we get it working. http://AlienCharts.4Shared.com
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
APOLOGIES to those that tried to open "those" links!! A new improved version has been uploaded.....no money back & guaranteed until the 26th/04/2007....http://www.4shared.com/dir/1903306/64f5c47d/sharing.html....Adios.
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Ahoy the Zeemeister! Yep, register for free on Freedom Day dude, way to go! Good to see the 1896 Galactic Foil Co. is in full cry again bru'....nice charts or maybe not so naaice for some! Hombré, login to 4shared, go to your account settings & make some changes as to whether your e-mail should be visible (can be seen ATM) or not & in the publisher window type in your alias. Check you later. Adios.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
YNWA
Super Contributor
Hombré go to this site....http://www.ozforex.com.au/cgi-bin/chartsInteractive.asp...wait for Java to load then select file...select more....change to USD/ZAR.....then move over to timescale & period, then select tick chart, then tick by tick.....got some other functionalities which are pretty good....just watch that mmmmmluvin' it burger doesn't go cold on you. Adios.
0 Kudos