Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

can we gamble on this one

cope
Frequent Contributor
KWV i see this share is one of your numbers for 2010. Can i have your view why do u like it.
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
cope
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Hi Cope, they have made a few bad acquisitions in the past, but that was in the prime of the good times where everything that people touched turned out well, then last year at the start of the R..... These bad acquisitions started costing them and so they had start cutting the bad limbs off, but once they have got rid of these then their core business can but money in the bank instead of carrying the bad apples. So it will take a few good results to really jump but long term at these levels is great.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
If you have the time for this one it will pay off in the long run 5yrs or so. Just look when you are driving around town there is a Supergroup truck on every corner. They are not closing shop. So the right strategy here is not to overload but just take a little each month, use the majority of your cash on other better quality stocks. But that little bit each month will eventually be a Supergroup of cash!
0 Kudos
cope
Frequent Contributor
why do u think this share did not turn like most of the shares turned up in april 2009.
0 Kudos
Quakedog
Super Contributor
They had a lot of debt and parts of the business that was costing them money and it looked uncertain as whether they would get through paying for their sins. This stock will really only move when a few better results come through and when the stock market is really fully priced and people dont know where to put there money anymore.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I think it's a keeper. They've just had a rights issue and been through a really bad year. Long-term divs should be insane.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
What are Allen Grey's long tewrm views on this stock? i know they hold a sizeable % of the stock....
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I'd guess they're very cranky because they must have lost some money with the drop. The key will be if they hang on, which I'd suspect they will.
0 Kudos