Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

cape town input greatly appreciated

Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
Good choice, just make sure you are one the correct side of the railway tracks... aparrently it makes a difference, not that i would know.
0 Kudos
hippo
Contributor
Hey dinen, Hate to burst your bubble boet, but pool days will be limited, There will be many, many more windy days, and rainy days, and stormy just plain freezing days. Don't bother with a pool - rather make sure you have an inside fireplace. MUCH more useful in the LOVELY cape......
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Bergvliet is good - like Jacques says, make sure you are "above" the railway line. Schools are good and access to town on the M3 not too bad.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
don't know....house I'm interested in is in Vineyard Drive.
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Thats good - above old main road
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Cant be as bad as here -9 this morning had a peak at -4. Its like living in an ice world. 30minutes outside and even Rum starts to freeze.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Just take note. Now that you moved to Cape Town, you need to start shouting for the WP. Leave the Lions and the Bulls up in Joburg....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
actually a die hard sharks fan....tis been hell here in Pretoria as I needed to go to the pub with a buller proof vest to watch the rugga!!
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
and then of course you have Robbin Island, traffic light even in peak hour, views perfect -you can see for miles. schools mmmm must be good (they educated a president there) Chess could be a problem, good neighbors guaranteed. Housebreaking never. Rape mmm (only if the ANC are holding a meeting) could be cool
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
It takes more than 20 minutes just to get out of Tableview/Parklands et al during peak hour (which I concur isn't at 9 when you leave). I left that area years ago when it took me just under an hour just to get to Milnerton from Tableview.
0 Kudos
hippo
Contributor
So which Cape suburb you living in? LOL
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Too many tourists these days, dont wanna feel like another circus act in town. Already been accused of one circus act. Wonder if flaffie will be our ring master?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ta 4 the heads up. Yup looked at Parklands but the first year alone would cost me more than my entire educational career including a stint at Edinburgh Uni. Anyway may take u up on that coffee offer when I'm down.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The wife just tells me now that both my boys got a place at Wynburg Boys Prep......just when I thought Bergvliet was it.....decisions, decisions!!
0 Kudos
MAGICIAN
Frequent Contributor
Wynberg is just around the corner from Bergvliet
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Hi Dinnen My wife used to be a teacher at sweet valley and I can tell you that it is a very good school ( she set up the gifted child education programme there), but so is W-burg..but first prize would be sweet valley. My brother is in krepelbosch which is also very near by... Just remember no were is far in Cape Town. The thing to get your head arround is 1.where your kids go to school. 2. were you are going to work. 3.what kind of life style you want...if it wind sports like kite surfing then live in tableview and blouberg...if its mountain biking its southern burbs and tokai, bergvleit are ideal. If its the lying on the beach and surfing that also changes things....the point is if you love mountains and cant take wind blouberg is going to suck.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Walmer Estate. Under valued, good investment, good sense of community and views of sea and Robben Island. Problem is that houses don't come on the market often. Past down in family. Oasis buying anything developable in the area.
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
Yeah Clifton is also nice, theres a little something there on the market for R98 million.
0 Kudos