Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

catalists for 2010

Not applicable
Lots of talk of double dips, continued bulls runs, flat trading, etc. Lets start with a hypothesis - the TOPI will close 10% higher this year. Now for that to happen, what are the key events this year that will drive the gain?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well 10% is modestly ahead of expected inflation for 2010 .. I think the results releases in March (for year ending Dec 2009) will be a real test. Stock prices are assuming things and now the numbers need to add up ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I had a dream about Waren buffoon in march last year (first ever) and I woke up and said its time to go long. I did not listern but so be it... Last night I dreamt about him again.. and when we stood up to greet. I realized he was really really short..then he fell over and colapsed... So Now I recon its a clear signal to go short..
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Similar to last years form but not a such a huge scale. Trade short till Mrch only if needed, buy and hold after numbers are out.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And as if in answer to my question, Cees Bruggemans posts an article on Moneyweb. I have a huge amount of respect for him, and I think he is rarely wrong. However, he is strangely non-committal on his views to 2010 - dare I say that this is going to be a flat year?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Well it could just also mean that he might not see the end of the year. He is in his late seventies you know.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, a smart man .. an he is a firm beliver in the V recovery ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
ya but he took me up to my waist..he was very very short
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Warren is so useless timing the market. 45 points added on the DOW last night.still can't believe there are Christmas presents for the Bulls out there. This wobbling up can carry on for another year.it's so hard to predict where the top is.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Never mind Cees, rather listen to Zuma, he is never wrong(how can you ever be wrong when always only stating the obvious :)
"There are signs South Africa is recovering from the worst effects of the global economic crisis, but the revival will likely be slow and job-creation will lag", President Jacob Zuma said on Saturday. Zuma was addressing tens of thousands of supporters gathered in Kimberley, about 380 km south west of Johannesburg for the 98th anniversary of the ANC party's creation.
Well done to Zuma for spotting those signs!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The black swan god rules our lives. Whatever steers 2010 will probably be the least likely thing any one of us predicted.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
So he's like 40% shorter than usual ? Now this is giving a new meaning to trading in the zone. Remember to to add this to your trading strategy 7. RSI is breaking down. 8. Wait for funny Buffet midget dream.
0 Kudos
Vano
Regular Contributor
Don't know what you guys are smoking, but I will have some of that. Nothing else seems to work..
0 Kudos