Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

charting software

Farina
Contributor
Guys, what charting software do you use and recommend?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Not applicable
what time frames you wanna chart? if you investing and need daily charts OST free charts is all you need. Why waste money if you starting out. Like buying a ferrari when you still learning to drive.
0 Kudos
Farina
Contributor
thanks....some shares I trade several times a day, other I keep for weeks......i am using curently the OST charting, just interested what others use and are happy with
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Hey farina....use Omnitrader for end of day trend analysis and use IG Index for intra day live feed charts. Remember your charting package is critical.....should be able to work on it off line and save changes, draw trend lines, insert key indicators etc. Get the right package, don't take a knife to a gun fight.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
don't take a knife to a gun fight indeed .. but equally don't take a bazooka to a fist fight .. first know what you want to do, then find the software ..
0 Kudos
Farina
Contributor
Thanks Ninja, I was looking at Omnitrader....where is the best place to get it as well as the data feed...thanks
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Farina for omnitrader try Dave Jackson at The traders edges on 082-891-2347, and for data try profile data, I have been happy with them so far.
0 Kudos
KJR
Frequent Contributor
Does anyone on this forum use The "Wen Professional" technical analyis software.
0 Kudos