Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

chemicals sector - importance of market cap

Not applicable
Omnia and Rolfes, my 2 chemicals sector holdings. Omnia on a 13* PE, Rolfes on 10. Rolfes has better cash flow, better growth and is in the same sector, but is 1/10th the size. Market cap makes a difference I guess!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
BC02
Super Contributor
dont know if these helps your analysis but from a quick view from a different angle:
Over a 3 month period a RelStr Analyis ranks:
1) Omnia (winner by quite a lot)
2) Spanjaard
3) Rolfes
I guess it shows you which ones the market likes best.
Over 6 months Omnia and Spanjaard were the only 2 leading the index.
Seems Omnia is very favoured.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
3 months is a bit short for a rel strength analysis. Rolfes numbers were released in February. Omnia released about 1month ago, so not really a fair comparison. but as we speak, rolfes has issued a trading statement, but honestly it is not more than what I have been expecting from them personally (11% growth in EPS was my own calculated target)
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
sorry I cant add much more to the analysis dont know much about the sector or its fundamentals, just remember reading AECI complaining that their factory in the USA was cheaper and more efficient than their factory in SA (because of all the labour legislation).
Ridiculous if you ask me.
0 Kudos