Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

chemspec - help

olilau
Frequent Contributor
this is new territory for me, maybe some one can explain what i am to make of seeing this : CHEMSPEC CSP 2,000 47 R 931.61 46 R 920.00 R -11.61 -1.2% +2 +4.4% 0.47% CHEMSPEC NPL CSPN 2,000 3 R 60.00 3 R 60.00 R 0.00 0.0% +3 +300.0% 0.03% basically, i hold 2000 CSP shares (see first 2 lines) and this morning i saw a second line (chemspec npl) with another 2000 shares. the value per share has been changing by 1c up or down. pretty sure that yes, it must have something to do with the rights issue, and my accounting theory lets me understand the basis of a rights issue, but pls can someone explain to this ignoramous how this translates into practice, and what action is required if any ?
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Harathke
Regular Contributor
Each Chemspec N share is a "Nil paid right issue share". Basically, each N share is a right to subscribe for one Chemspec share. You can either sell the N shares before they need to excerised or keep them and follow your rights.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would advise a sell however. That is what i did
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
thanks guys. also went to do simons webinar on the subject of NPL's which was a very comprehensive source of info. btw, selling on a share like this is not really worth it.
0 Kudos
shailen
Contributor
Why is it not worth it to sell?
0 Kudos
olilau
Frequent Contributor
because the share price is about 45c, the NPL offer is @ 40c. so you would try to sell your rights @ 5c..... gonna have to find someone who wants them and you'd have to have a lot of shares to make enough to just buy a beer for you and the buyer.
0 Kudos
shailen
Contributor
if u keep the NPL shares, what happens to it?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
they expire if you don't sell or follow your rights ..
0 Kudos