Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

computer systems

nala
Super Contributor
what is your computer set up like- how many screens do you trade with?
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
jack12
Super Contributor
Two, 1x 22inch and 1x 34inch
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an jack tell me .. does the bigger screens mean more profits ??
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
I find one keyboard at a time is less confusing.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Na just means I can read without glasses
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
I only use 1 keyboard. I extend the desktop and can open and run multiple programs at the same time and they are still big enough to read. I have the trading window on one screen and charts on the other. saves swapping between pages.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Yyyes Simon....what a stupid question! You double your money on 2 screens! :)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
now what if I got 12 screens .. and made them all 100 inch in size ?? I could retire by lunch, surely ??
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Just be careful they don't fall on u first..I think u definitely bite more than u can chew on this one! :) :)
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Remember the power requirements!!! Electricity is going upupupupupup
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
Thanks Jack - i have just bought a second screen for the reason that you mention . What modification does one have to do to the box or software to enable viewing different websites on the separate screen screens.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
not much, just make sure you have 2 video outputs, then you configure the rest in windows display properties (right-click on desktop)... btw i have 2 x 23 inch LG's at home, works very well.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
dual monitors isnt only good for trading, its really helpful for standard computer work as well, e.g. writing a report/document/excel and having email opened to copy certain text from. or viewing a website while working on another program, etc. very helpful and if one is used to it, it saves lots of time.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
I trade of 3 computers. 1 for price streamer (live prices) - independent internet connection. another for trades (independent internet connection different ISP. Another as back up/research/TA etc. It works for me. Therefore, Simon, I have 2 trading accounts, however, i cannot log on with my 2nd account. Can you please facilitate this. Thanks.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
why do you have two accounts ?? why can't you log in with the second ??
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
I have an equities account, another for futures. I need to log in with each account independently.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Well the way I would see it is simply open your initial account in a browser screen. then press CTRL+N (open a new window and change the account type in the top screen on the new window. Two accounts open at the same time (single loggon) and two screens....simplified.

BUT as the "session" is still the same you have the same account open in the two screens if you refresh.

Simon, What Cherry is looking for is two loggon accounts. Maybe using each account number independantly to log in would work, have not tried it though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Cherry have you called the call center and asked them to setup a different password on each account? Usually you only get one loggon account but I dont see why they cannot set a different password for the other account that would allow you two "sessions" for loggon.
0 Kudos
Cherry
Regular Contributor
Ok. Lemme explain. I have 2 accounts in my name. I need an independent logon for each account. Even though these are 2 different account numbers, I can only access them through 1 account number. I use price streamer on 1 computer, and in order to launch price streamer I have to logon to the 1 computer, launch price streamer, logout and log on to trade from the other computer. I miss some entry/exit points by doing it this way. Since price streamer requires a username and password, (1)why do I have to go via my account to launch this. (2)Why cant I log onto either of my accounts independently.
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
That is a big set up .What is your monthly operation cost for the system
0 Kudos