Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

continuing to take a beating here

Not applicable
I think this company is heading into a bit of trouble here. If they are planning a rights offer, they can't be too happy with this share price right now. I don't think the price is justified though, given their performance and the chemicals sector in general. Omnia is pretty upbeat about their prospects, so I think Rolfes should be in a good position. If it wasn't for the proposed rights issue, I would be buying more right now, but, like I said, the current price is a concern
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Major
Regular Contributor
I'm nibbling - good time to be getting into chemicals if you believe in a recovering south Africa, and a growing africa
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Wasn't the rights offer just market speculation...? I don't think it was ever actually proposed(?)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it was in one of their reports - can't recall which. Anyways, as long as that sticky fingers non executive director hasn't been caught sponsoring government trips to the ranch on behalf of RLF's - that whole brush tainting exercise ala Pinnacle should wash off them. If Omnia are upbeat about prospects - and for sure the mining sector must be investing at these rand price levels, Rolfe's should be sitting in a sweet spot. I am holding - and think I will add some more now.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
when I last spoke to CEO (at last set of results) certainly they need (wanted?) some cash, rights issue was the obvious choice, no not .. no idea what plan b was
0 Kudos