Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

Community

Share knowledge. Find answers. Ask questions.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

continuing to take a beating here

Not applicable
I think this company is heading into a bit of trouble here. If they are planning a rights offer, they can't be too happy with this share price right now. I don't think the price is justified though, given their performance and the chemicals sector in general. Omnia is pretty upbeat about their prospects, so I think Rolfes should be in a good position. If it wasn't for the proposed rights issue, I would be buying more right now, but, like I said, the current price is a concern
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
I'm nibbling - good time to be getting into chemicals if you believe in a recovering south Africa, and a growing africa
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Wasn't the rights offer just market speculation...? I don't think it was ever actually proposed(?)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable
it was in one of their reports - can't recall which. Anyways, as long as that sticky fingers non executive director hasn't been caught sponsoring government trips to the ranch on behalf of RLF's - that whole brush tainting exercise ala Pinnacle should wash off them. If Omnia are upbeat about prospects - and for sure the mining sector must be investing at these rand price levels, Rolfe's should be sitting in a sweet spot. I am holding - and think I will add some more now.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
when I last spoke to CEO (at last set of results) certainly they need (wanted?) some cash, rights issue was the obvious choice, no not .. no idea what plan b was
0 Kudos