Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

currency futures brokerage..

WR
Regular Contributor
This must be daylight robbery. the brokerage is R20/contract,so 20 contracts set you back R400. The guy on the other end of the OST line gave some garbage like..this is a new product, no economies of scale. What a load of rubbush, a future is a future, whether its stock, currency etc the brokerage should be the same.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
a future is a future, whether its stock, currency etc the brokerage should be the same .. not true as they trade on different exchanges with different fees to the broker .. and different hedge costs ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What are the fees as a % of notional? I think you'll find the fees are not that high, even though they could be lower.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hedge costs... why are those being considered in your set brokerage fee? Your bid-ask should be covering that and if not, why is it so wide? That said, while CF on SB are very expensive the reality is the R is so illiquid and so few contracts trade I buy that the economies of scale just aren't there. Anyway, if anyone actually wants to trade fx, rather use a margin cash account. Min $10 000 to trade exotics like R if I remember correctly.
0 Kudos