Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

dead cat bounce revisited

Russ
Super Contributor
When a dead cat reaches the peak of its bounce does it normally hover in mid-air for a while before falling again?If so,why and for how long?
0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Not applicable
Probably a dead cartoon cat bounce...subtle variation of the classic deadcat bounce:)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well when chhanging direction one is always stationary for a moment ..
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
If a dead cat hovers in mid-air and no one hears it maaiow, does it really hover? Does it really maaiow? These things worry me.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
Is there really a cat? ;)
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Why should it be a cat? I can think of many other less worthy creatures...politicians?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Transactional interpretation is the one you want. Copenhagen just leads to half-dead floating cats who might be meeowing, or not.
0 Kudos
DA
Contributor
Surely a dead cat bounce means that it has already bounced at least 7 times - otherwise it wouldn't be dead yet?
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Maybe it was just curiosity that killed it?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
good work Russ and Hennie,u were spot on with your predictions of the start of another down phase....next time u get the feeling and tell us ,i wont hesitate so long before ending my longs!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
LOL Barry, don't really think that this is the end of this rally as a matter of fact you help me with this:-) ( roll over contracts ). My post was from a daily perspective. Just to much support in between to call this one for the next 2 weeks.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rephrase day trading view
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AHHH that is DOW and FTSE. Been looking at the 8 hour chart on the FTSE and has been bouncing on the 20 day MA to the tee in this rally and FTSE closed on it today. Same with the DOW but the close on the DOW today is 1.64% above it
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Must be Newtons Law of relativity, The more you put in the lower it goes, the less you put in the higher it goes!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
the Kinetic energy at the top is allows 0:)
0 Kudos