Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

did anyone see anything about SASOL and windfall tax yet?

Werner_1
Super Contributor
Brazen, yes i just saw that now while doing my daily analysis, now i will see if i want to hold or not. I think it should still go well, but that also depends alot on the oil (i think it has an effect...).
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Yeah Werner. SOLs a fantastic company and probably there's nothing better for a long term hold. But SSFs are different, you want a move, one way or another, right away. I think you have to completely separate fundamentals from technicals when trading SSFs.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yes, that makes perfect sense, i think that is one of my biggest problems, i am still trying to work that one out...
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Werner, I think it's the best lesson I've learnt. Keep your long term portfolio completely separate from your trading account. I mean different accounts, even different banks. If you buy 5 SOL shares every month, even with costs, do you think you'll be sorry in 10 years time? Trading should be a very small part of your long term plan. But you can learn invaluable lessons about markets with trading - and those apply to all aspects of business and investment. I know you're a young guy and I'm pleased to see you're still around! By 40 you'll be on that yacht. . .
0 Kudos