Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

did anyone see anything about SASOL and windfall tax yet?

Werner_1
Super Contributor
i can't watch the budget and fin24 tells me now and then it is too busy, can anyone please let me know if anything about windfall tax was said, SASOL looks like it is happy (as of 14:32)
0 Kudos
23 REPLIES 23
john_1
Super Contributor
Hints at tax cuts nothing concrete yet.
0 Kudos
Amar
Contributor
No details on tax cuts today guys. Quote "In responding to the report, I will refer the regulatory matters to the Minister of Minerals and Energy for further consideration. The task team has made two substantial fiscal recommendations, involving a possible tax on windfall profits and an incentive arrangement for new investment in liquifuel production capacity. I believe there is merit in these proposals. However, we will consult the industry before we finalise this matter. The task team's report will be released for public and stakeholder comment by the end of the week."
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
When was that said I have not heard that.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
so they want to tax them and then give them some more money for investment? that sounds a bit dodgy to me, rather do not tax them and let them invest that money themselves? or am i missing something?
0 Kudos
Amar
Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Not so doff mate, 10 points. please post link.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
It sounds to me like the govmt is using this as leverage on Sol to build a "Sasol 4" (Mafutha project announced some time ago). Aim = economic growth etc I suppose... (OMO)
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Damp squib. Think I'll look to exit at an oportune time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sold with a R1300 loss. Thanks for nothing fu*king Trevor, fu*king SOL.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
GRAAAAVY nice to hear from you mate.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
it wasn't all that bad, sasol is the same as it opened this morning, i had some ssf's for the past month and plan to keep them for much longer. i think there is still some upside? anyone else think so, the other day there was many people who thought Sol was in a good position and all bought, or was that only for the budget event?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Don't get too excited! It was me using his old account. The G-man is still on tour with the Chipendales Revival Show.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Werner, I'm quite ruthless with SSFs, they're either moving my way or they're gone. Also SOL is no longer above resistance at 255 so it could test support. Not a good thing if you're long SSFs.
0 Kudos
samoa
Super Contributor
I am sticking with Sol for the longterm.
0 Kudos