Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

did u know on this site u have no say

akb
Frequent Contributor
did u know on this site u have no say if u place a sale order in @ limit @ R1.40 seq will sell it @ R1.41 even though u cancelled the order. To Standard bank-we trade here becuase we control our own portfolio. we decide at which price we want to exit-not your broker deciding for us. please advise your brokers the price we state is the price we wamt,not what they think they want to sell it at . We know why we place a sell or a buy order-the same reason any other broker does.
0 Kudos
35 REPLIES 35
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
if you place a sale at a price but there is a higher buy price in the system you will get the higher price - reverse is true for buying. That is standard global and JSE practise. Usually people are happy about selling at a higher price?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
as for cancelling. When you cancel an order we send the request to the JSE, but some times before the JSE receives the cancel order the tarde takes place.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Why would you be unhappy about getting a sale at a higher price ???
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
last point, the borkers here have nothing to do with it. Just the system.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
borkers? ... is that like a cross between bears and porkers??
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
then u dont know your clients.we track our shares manually-many new comers will place a stop loss.we dont,we know in our mind if a share falls at what price we want to exit,so with that in mind we place our trade,yet we change our mind and cancel the deal -yet it gets sold @1c higher-the price was not met-our price we placed was not met-meaning our exit was not met-now we can think many things here...eg- did the broker think his doing us a favour giving us 1c extra,or did he need that shares to fill another order-or did he need brokerage to improve his figures to impress his boss . the point remain we as clients determine our entry point and exit point ---the deal was not placed on the system @ market...then i would keep my mouth .... please replace my shares on my portfolio at that brokers cost.i wanted to sell @ R1.40 and then cancelled the order and yet it was sold at R1.41.i did not for R1.41 .please rectify with immedite effect.
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
The sell was at R1.40 The sale went threw @ R1.41.which means the prices dont meet.
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
How long u trading ....makes u think does it not.
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
then the system prices did not meet ---R1.40 and R1.41. Please replace my shares via that same system with immediate effect.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I can not replace your shares. And re-read my initial respnse. If the system see a better price them you asked for it will match at that price.
0 Kudos
Taurus
Super Contributor
akb...i have long suspected that you smoke your socks..now im very sure..hahaha
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The only time I could see a problem is if the volume of shares offered at 140 did not match the volume bid at 141 and the 141 bid was a lesser volume of shares as then the seller may have to vary his selling price so as to fill his sell order for that day and perhaps pay extra brokerage if he had to sell the remainder of his shares the next day, be he/she perhaps away from a trading platform. In this case I would just phone Standard and ask that the brokerage be waived. I am sure they would be obliging. But to complain that you got 1c more than what you asked for doesn't make sense. Give me the difference then. I just hope it is 10 Zillion Gabillion Shares at 1c otherwise it wouldn't be worth it. :P LOL.
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
the order was cancelled and and i did not ask for R1.41 i palced for sale at R1.40. READ................
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
Wait for the day it happens to u. u know what i will support u, because i have been around here for a while.and i stand up for what i believe in,not just accept answers such as the system did the deal.if the system did the deal, then the system can replace my shares again....somebody clicked the button. like u say while i smoked the button.....ahahahahha
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
hope u will be clever than dumb and stand up when taurus needs your support one day.hahahahahaha
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
its not the quatity or the amount. its what is right and wrong. the order in very simple words were placed via the system @ R1.40. The buyers were at R1.41 There were sellers @ R1.40 already. I placed my self behind them that should the share fall then i would exit . I revised my decision and decided to get cancel the order while i could .and i did just so and the system showed cancelling order of R1.40. i then left my computer and when in the evening returned i saw my shares sold @R1.41 The shares were not sold at the price asked if it really did not cancel on the system. so once again no matter how small or big the order ...i talk up for what is right. support if u wnat to ,dont if u dont care ..... the damage is done ....dont let it happen to u tooooooo makes u think does it not. god bless all we can only rise and shine and recover the damages again and guess what i will still be around to the dumb and dumber at this game.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Sharenet is selling a very good course on the JSE (JSE course) for less than R 2 000 with an extensive module on how the JSE function (ea how the price is determined between sellers and buyers). www.sharenet.co.za.
0 Kudos
CAB
Contributor
AKB when you place the order the system places it on the JSE....its in until matched or you cancel. When you cancel seq informs you that the order is in the system but will try to cancel it anyhow. Yours did not take place in time so the sale went through at a higher price. No brokers involved there dude. Just your timing to cancel. Just don't get yourself into a huff and disappear off to page 88....
0 Kudos