Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

did u know on this site u have no say

akb
Frequent Contributor
dont tell me u actually paid R2000.00 for that.
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
how can it get sold at a higher price-which means the system is not correct.i understand if i did not cancel in time then it have been sold at R1.40.all i am doing here is bringing to your attention -so it does not affect u one day.so what if it happened to me,and i dont wish it apon any one that is tading in his personal capacity.all i ask is rectify and make it a better trading place for all.we all work hard for our money......ok,ok,not all of us....we can just wait and manipulate any system and say sorry--- the system took over or works like that.all system are man made making all errors man made.makes u think does it.?????????????????????????? May god bless all and bless the money earn no matter which way they earned it.
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
Er . . . you clicked the button pal.
0 Kudos
cfm
Super Contributor
akb: It is a rule of the JSE. If you don't like it, complain to them. If you put in a bid to buy at a limit price, that price will remain on the system until it matches or expires. You will get your price. But, if you put in a sell offer, the JSE will match that against any better bids. It is to the advantage of the seller. Yes, it has happened to me many times. No, I have never been unhappy with it.
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
This has got to be the funniest post I've ever read... Seriously guys - this is a gem, especially the borkers definition.. oh dear, there I go again...
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
when u make it funny ....it gets read...yet everyone here is answering seriously...why...the all have there own perception of trading..the new comers only see a buy as buy and a sell as sell,yet others place in orders with what perception....makes u think does it not??????????
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have lost an IQ point as a direct result of this post. Please desist.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
resistance is futile. you will be assimilated
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
u are what u eat...ahahhahaha...thats if u eating green
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
u are what u eat...ahahhahaha...thats if u eating green
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
Will not know until my trade go through, might get a few bucks more that anticipated......you know what I mean
0 Kudos
akb
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Sanity
New Contributor
I have never heard of anyone complaining about getting a better price for a trade than what they requested. Sounds like a good deal to me. Sell my SASOL's for R1000 please!
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
My point exactly. But when I point this out we get abuse !!!
0 Kudos
peekay
Frequent Contributor
abk, maybe you should trade abo again, 1c makes a big difference there. The bottom line is: If you want to use a stop loss, USE a stop loss, you cannot insert you own manual stoploss system by trying to sell your shares at a lower price that the current price. It will never work that way
0 Kudos