Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

dont get chopped by the chop

Not applicable
As always around this time there is a lot of money to be made by the likes of you and me if you can determine some direction through the chop.....one direction I am very keen on is that of Gold....as I have mentioned before gold for me is the most true market as it often is a leading indicator of where everything else is headed (gold never lies)...(it is the most liquid market in the world)....at the moment I see a squeeze developing in gold's price action and this looks set to fire off ....prolly in the direction of up.....
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Not applicable
What are your thoughts on SIM please Chartist?
0 Kudos
Shaun_Siddall
Super Contributor
What about the likes of Standard Bank, Sasol, MTN and a punt on Investec at R65? Or the contruction stocks PPC MUR etc?
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
Standard Bank must be a buy at this price???!!!
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
PPC has fallen so far ,that it is unlikely to fall much if any after the LDT date on the 27 of this month.The negative feelings on all construction shares is no hesitancy about the feeling that projects might not be finished on time and general loss of purpose and with very few traders around and stupid statements by a present minister Saki Macozoma that Trevor Manual would resingn when Zuma is installed,obviously for his own agenda.Only my opinion!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
no Barry i think you are right stupid statements like that effect the market and stupid ministers who make such statement cant see the harm they are doing.omo
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
saki is not a minister but the farsighted chairman of Stanlib nogal...he who oversaw SAA's demise in the same position and then went on to label Paul Harris' concerns about SA crime as a racist plot!
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
poor fellow.... the wheel is spinning but the hamsters dead..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The guy is making a suggestion on gold and suddenly you are all pleading for an answer to falling potofolios, lol. If your stop get hit get out! I can see why u think gold is set for a run, ETF's the way to go (maybe HAR) but leave SIM alone. Barry i agree that PPC is a great buy at this level but wait for an upward reversal day. Standard bank is dangerously close to breaking it's head and shoulders neckline, if this happens i see a lot of pain for those holding. If MTN can close near it's open today it will be a serious buy in my book with a near perfect hammer forming on a candle stick chart (good Fib retracement too). Back to today, i think wre in for a little afternoon rally... that's all folks! Happy trading.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Agree 100 on your MTN thoughts..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Sorry to but in here Chartist but you are incorrect in saying that the gold market is the most liquid of all markets, it is infact the smallest finacial market in the world (if you veiw gold as a finacial asset, as I do, as it has almost no industrial purpose) and as such is by realative terms open to scews in value by traders. That said gold may very well rally, personally I don't try pick dirrection I just try ride the trend once you smart people have chosen the dirrection for me.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
John..pse check you facts...Gold is one of the most (if not most) liquid markets in the world...liquidity has nothing to do with market size...
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Agreed, always buyers willing to buy and sellers willing to sell. Cash to Gold, Gold to Cash. Continous Flow = Liquidity.

This is one of my pro's for buying Gold.

0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
Agreed, always buyers willing to buy and sellers willing to sell. Cash to Gold, Gold to Cash. Continous Flow = Liquidity.

This is one of my pro's for buying Gold.

0 Kudos
Not applicable
This is my no 1 tip to make money before the end of the year....buy Gold..and if you want great leverage buy HAR...but of course I could be wrong....
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
To be honest , i really look forward to any posts Charists makes as i learn alot from him , and try to follow all of his advise , when i grow up i want to be just like him... Chartist thanks for all your advise this year , and still looking forward to hearing from you next year. Can't wait for gold to move as i'm currently burning with some of them i hold.
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
thats advice...not advise!! Forget Jacob Zuma....the syntax by some of the forumites is truly shocking!! Please go and brush up on the english ol boys....
0 Kudos