Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

dow crashes ??

Not applicable
Doubt it, JSE small fry on volumes compared to most markets world wide.
0 Kudos
mwk
Frequent Contributor
Yep, makes sense. Two ETFs I hold there are VTI and VTV - dropped to 15 cents (from $56) and 10 cents (from $50) respectively at one point.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Please all you experienced traders and investors, does Greece play such a big roll in what happened the past two weeks? Can one country managing their finances badly, "kill" the global financial system? Greece is not even the size of America or China. It is an insignificant little holiday resort on the coast. So what I am asking - is the media selling us a lot of bull?
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Not in my eyes. It's not so much Greece itself, as an example of a European country with heavy debts. If EU can't keep Greece afloat, they won't be able to save Spain etc. Same types of problems, much bigger.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Is Bear Stern and Lehman so big that that we had to have the financial crises in 08' ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
dudes,. forgive me from being on the friday beers,. but left me shorts hanging at the door as i told you so,.. you know,. we called this,. we told you,. we said,. iceland is a swan,. possibly dark,. if not black,.. Gulf of mexico is a, whew,. flock,. under water nogal,.. then a stoke exchange quibble before a hung UK election,.. really guys,.. this is testimony to the fluoride in the water,.. Folks,. the EU borders as we know them are the same territories Hitlers Nazi party sought to contain,.. This greece IMF thing is the same as ZUMA as a Zulu idsempowering IFP soil KZN by his ANC affiliation,.. Zionist plot thru and thru,. world level,. stop thinking like ducks in a row,.. con man,. Buffet said it plain and simple,. there are folks watching the football,. but there are only a few actually seeing the game,. THINK MITTAL,..
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2010/05/ben-lichtensteins-breathless-spx-order-taking/

MP3 @ http://www.archive.org/details/MarketCrash-06May2010-SpPit
i find it quite amusing that @ 5:03 Morgan Stanley comes in and sells 100k contracts @ 1070. :) then it went all the way back up. wonder if they're still holding on?
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
correction 100 contracts not 100000...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
wow - Simon you were right. My account is up 30% for the day. Just had a strong whisky to celebrate this. HG - YOU must have more of them finger troubles boet.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
In that case, I can't join you for whiskey.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
it's okay - next time.
0 Kudos