Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

down 3%?

Frequent Contributor
Highest ever profit and announced a dividend, yet still down? Is it just because gold is down or something else? Any opinions?
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
BAP
Regular Contributor
Jip - Gold down, Dow down, oil down, East down...except for Korean - Yang (good to see the Tiger getting tamed!). All negative for HAR and JSE for today and probably another few days. Gold price may hold and even recover quickly if markets continue sliding. OMO.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Harmony technicals looking promising. Fundamentals not bad - no debt and first divi's in 5 years a good sign. Watch for institutional support on this one. I hold Harmony with a stop loss
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
highest ever profit was not the story, F24 really messed that headline .. real story is that eskom cost an extra R40m and more going forward .. labour costs are 56% and electricity will be 12% (up from 8% this year) .. an nobody seeing those going down any time soon .. an of course not forgetting 9 dead staff for the quarter ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Watch Har out preform the Gold and top40 index. This one is a buy!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I second that. Am still holding, been a long time, but this one at 70 is an excellent long term buy - no doubt about that :)
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
We will have to proof this to "the big gold bear" - Simon. Simon, buy Har, you will make money serious in the next 4 weeks. Nb at R73.00 on the 17/08/2009.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol .. I am warming up to HAR .. think I could pay about 1 cent for every 100 HAR shares .. an transfer before LDT for the puny 50c div ??
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
no sorry .. lost my mind for a moment .. not even for free do I want HAR, or any other gold mine ..
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Lol. We will work on you, you going to be around here for a long time.
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
gues there is no chance of you and roffey becoming business partners then ..........
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
we had lunch once .. right up front we agreed to no gold talk .. just red wine ..
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
so there is common ground....
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos