Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

eish but I dont wanna

Not applicable
Every bone in my body tells me not to buy this - but the system says yes, and I learned many years ago to leave emotion at the door (and do the opposite of what your emotions tell you). So I am in, at 2657
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
kwagga
Super Contributor
The rumours I'm hearing about Telkom revenue that's going to shrink quite considerably over the next three years aren't good. Let's just say, they are killing the goose that's laying the golden eggs.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
as an investment, there are better out there, but as a trade, at current level, stop at 2604, if this is the bottom...my system has not given a buy signal as yet...
0 Kudos
reyden
Frequent Contributor
@Skaaptjop Hi, I always your trigger was a 20% drop from the high, the drop is 7%?
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
short term trend is up and there is a clear buy continuation divergence: been long since R22 level, will exit if it gets back to R22
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Bought 7000 of these at 27.54 on the news that results to be announced on 18 Nov will be greater than 20%. Unfortunately then came the CFO news on hiring consultants without proper authority. Am currently 5 grand under water but will hold till after results. Don't have stop loss but will occasionally set temporary one if I need to be away from the computer for a few hours. Not suggesting the CFO had insider info but a wink is as good as a nod.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
nobody buying the story about hiring consultants...we may never know the real reason, but my "advise" would be to place a stop, especially if you bought the derivative
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
err,shaken not stirred
0 Kudos
keng
Contributor
Rams I'm interested to know what you think is going on. BTW I believe the bad news is already in the price. If I remember the CFO stated that the consultant issue went through the correct HR process and was signed off by the previous CEO "Pinky" before she jumped ship. I hear that the CFO was in favour of KTC coming to the party as they have deep pockets and lots of skills. Politically I think he burned some bridges as central command (ANC) didn't want to lose control (with PIC). What's your take.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
i know as much as you do, which is not the true story, hence all the downside, so i think whatever it is , it must be so serious that the share price would take a smaller knock(comparatively) if the true story was not disclosed...as for the charts, if i were to buy now for a trade, then my stop would be at around 2604...trend up since May, and next support is at 21-22...
0 Kudos