Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

err gold 1588

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
so now what happened ?? everybody assured me that there was zero chance gold would go back into the 1500's ??
point of course is moot except to say, never say never ..
0 Kudos
22 REPLIES 22
richardw
Super Contributor
Coming from someone who said about a week ago..."when others are selling, buy." How's that going for you? :)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well so far everything I bought during this panic is in the green, albeit some very modestly, and that may change at the open .. but importantly I never said it was a bottom, I said it was great value ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
I kid, but there's definitely a difference between trading and investing advice there. Trend-is-your-friend and Greedy-when-others-are-fearful need a serious separation!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon you a man that works on the price or so I thought.Will you still be buying as we move down? even if there is value at this level or 20% down?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
depends if I trading or investing .. trading I go for trend so typically buy on the up and sell on the down .. investing I buy when cheap, so often on the down and especialy when there is panic ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
an I currently not buying this market ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
WOW! Look at the opening of GLD! Down over 7%
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
couple reasons .. if anything fear getting larger which should result in even cheaper .. also bought a lot back in Aug .. typically scale in at three month intervals, so next would be Nov ..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Safe-haven fail. Just like the last time.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
That is the trouble with an asset where speculation attributes almost 40% of its actual demand. When the speculators take profit, and then the rest kick in with stoplosses, panic and all other forms of sell reasons, you get uber volatility. The bets are off with gold, IMO, because the dollar has finally broken its downward trend, and is on the up. I don't think the US has any plans to intervene at this point, but since I am earning my keep in US$, I am rooting up topdolla - and gold can do whatever it wants,
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hmmm, an some okes calling gold to 1000-1200 .. which seems overly bearish ..
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
For all timeframes only one place is safe. Two steps forward and one back is a winner, especially when the other band is playing out of tune.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes fred .. you did finally put your head on a block if I recall .. an that block was gold when it was +1900 ..
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Digging for gold is usually a peaceful pastime, then these city folk come rushing along creating a big fuss. Now who stole my tobacco?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gold now 1638 and ZAR 7.97 ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
What's the problem? Why is the info not updating?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Just trade the price Simon, just trade the price. Gold is oversold, so buytime soon.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that is exactly my point (well except I don't buy gold) .. people saying that it could 'never' go back to the 1500's when in truth any/everything can happen .. so indeed .. just trade the price ..
0 Kudos