Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

eskom, zuma and some people's nightmares

saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
topgun: i have freinds who have read this article and opinions are in line with this article, so i wud say until you research opinions out there,you cant be sure...
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
mmm, prejudiced - too much red wine yesterday...
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
Before '94 the government shouted "white power". After '94 the government shouted "black power". Finally we can all stand together and shout "NO POWER"
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Ega
Super Contributor
As an ex Escomite with management experience, you only need to check the monthly availabilty reports for each power station - planned v/s unplanned outages then drill down to the incident reports supporting these figures.

Compare apples with apples, then and now! Nothing to do with race but defnitely declining skills (Worldwide)
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
I really don't care about opinions...they are a dime a dozen...and I can't power my business with them - which render them even less relevant!
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Thamil, I agree with you, the current situation has brought out some racist ideas/opinions. I'll admit to harboring some of these ideas myself at times.
But it's also not reasonable to scream 'racism' when very valid questions are raised about our current corrupt politicians, and the prospect of a president who has not had basic schooling.
The government has a tough job - it needs to be beyond reproach and display the highest possible standards to escape the stigma of the 'dark continent'. Is it doing this? Don't give the racists any reasons to criticise and they will dry up and blow away.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
should have been nipped in the bud.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
THAMIL ,actions speak louder than words ,so say what you want but if we turn to zim no words will save you
0 Kudos
Cruising
Contributor
Oh THAMIL, I wonder what you actually do in this real world. Your story made interesting reading. Get real ! Most of us have to get out and work in this world, we can see what is going on around us. Why tell us this story as we watch our share value rapidly diminesh. I guess you are a teacher,at best a lecturer.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
You see people, we can play nice. Point is we have no problem with political debate or Eskom debate, chocolate debate etc. What we have issue with (and will delete threads and/or ban users) is when it becomes racism, sexism, attacking other members etc. Pre-school 101 says that you attack the argument, not the person and if we can do that - threads survive. That all said the comment above by beaver is an example of attacking the messenger not the message. So lets play nice and the posts and posters remain.
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Now seeing that this blog espousing pc thinking and denialism is acceptable, I would dearly like the esteemed "professor" to explain the continent's state of underdevelopment and backwardness in view of the statement that before 1994 all manner of programmes were devised to "help white people confront their prejudices and recognise that talent and ability have nothing to do with race". Is Eskom's and the govt's inability to supply the country with power, not perhaps a consequence of its racial obsessions and AA programmes?
0 Kudos
Copper
Regular Contributor
Thsnk you for that little article THAMIL. It is certainly much better than the repetitive and unsavoury rantings by other forumites. A logical and well presented argument is much more palatable than statements constantly maronated with anger, bitterness and prejudices. Although i for one do not like these political views on this forum designed for traders it is indeed refreshing to peruse content deliberated with such taste. WELL DONE.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Whats the difference between eskom and the titanic , the titanic went down with the lights on.
0 Kudos